We offer a variety of ministries to serve our members here at Wheless Lane. Please see below our ministry list and their points of contact to get involved or ask questions. Serving our family is important to us.
For our members that are not new to the church.
- Ephesians 4:12-16
12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood,[c] to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, 14 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. 15 Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, 16 from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.
- Hebrews 6:1
- Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God
POC: Sonya Roberts
–To focus on spiritual enrichment through study and discussion of topics relevant to Christian woman
-To strengthen sisterly bonds through frequent engagement and interaction
-To create fellowship opportunities which may uplift and encourage sisters in the congregation and may serve as evangelism to women outside the body
Topic: Wheless Ladies’ Virtual Study Series
Time: Oct 12, 2021 07:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Every week on Tue, until Oct 26, 2021, 3 occurrence(s)
Oct 12, 2021 07:00 PM
Oct 19, 2021 07:00 PM
Oct 26, 2021 07:00 PM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 881 5238 1220
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,88152381220#,,,,*230028# US (Houston)
POC: Rex Owens
This forum will serve the purpose of helping the brethren of the congregation grow and refine themselves for God.
–To gather as men and brothers to share Godly wisdom, knowledge, experiences and thoughts to make us better men for GOD
-To be the best we can be for God and the congregation.
-To create an anthem, forum and dialog for brothers to use for conversations on topics related men.
To educate Christians in the Word of God and teach those individuals who are not members what they must do to be saved.
- To develop classes that will educate members of the congregation in the Word of God. Classes are taught Sunday morning, Wednesday night, and as requested
- To provide a healthy learning environment
- Encourage spiritual growth, understanding and the application of Gods word.
POC: Darren Hyson
- To manage and update the church website and online areas
POC: Benjamin Calloway
- To provide activities which promote fellowship among our youth and their guests
- To encourage and support our youth so that they know the following:
- 1. God loves them, and so does Wheless Lane.
- 2. They are SAFE at Wheless Lane.
- 3. They are special and they matter at Wheless Lane.
- 4. God has a plan for them.
POC: Rex Owens
Broadcasting live audio and video to the Instagram, Facebook and YouTube audiences. Recording audio and video during regular church services. Provide educational videos to teach the truth of the Gospel.
- To assist in the fulfillment of spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ by utilizing the various methods of technology available.
- Media Ministry is to carry the Gospel of Jesus Christ to our visually-driven, ever-changing world through the use of technology.
- To provides a vehicle for ministry and outreach thru Media Services
- To evolve social media and internet services to take advantage of its global reach
- To create a vehicle for community services and produce media content for support of church ministries
POC: Ivan Booker
To oversee the flow and navigation of the orderly flow and seating of our members during services or events.
POC: Bro Sam Robers
To let members know that they are important. We are concerned about them. We miss them when they are not with us. We have a Christian brotherly love for them.
Make contact with members by sending cards or phone calls for those who request prayers for situations, repentance of sins, deaths and sickness. We also remember birthdays of those listed in the church directory.
POC: Wes Shaw & Torrence Washington
- To encourage, support, uplift and inspire the singles of the congregation
- To provide study and discussion opportunities to grow spiritually, share life experiences and build our relationships
- To be an active dependable arm for the work of the church and community
POC: Wayne & Latrice Roberts
- To strengthen Christian marriages
- To provide opportunities for couples to study topics relevant to marriages
- To provide fellowship opportunities for Wheless’ couples and include outreach to couples outside the body
POC: Robert Sephus
- To take care of the upkeep of our building and property.
POC: Batthias Matthews
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded, and surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Matthew 28:19-20 (NIV)
- To introduce as many souls as possible to Christ, his Truth and his church through sermons, special classes in homes, and interaction of members with friends, co-workers, and family
- To provide services to our community
- To use the services and events we sponsor to help spread the word of God through our interactions
POC: Charles Gaston
-To develop faithful Christians that are able to apply God’s word and prepared to serve